Very often I need to write about something interesting and share my thoughts with friends and other people.
I’ve used to have Blog since 2006 but my blog is a place where I prefer to experiment with different software technology, and as any experiments, they can fail, as it happen to a few previous (2014-2018).
My previous blogs were done:
- 2006 Django (first experiments, and actually first site on Django)
- 2013 Django + Mezzonine (but it did not worked as well as I expected, a lot of spam were coming through)
- 2014 wheezy.web (has never been finished)
- 2018 Nikola
Now I am using Nikola static site generator and it seems to work pretty well from scratch, it was not hard to set it.
My todayplan is:
Create docker-compose + Makefile for local development
Publish this as a site template for allx: https://bitbucket.org/avkoval/avk.blog.v4
Create separate branch & repo for sitex: https://bitbucket.org/avkoval/avk.blog.v4.personal
Create static site on our hosting and add
makecommand to publish it.
Next steps (not today)
- Re-publish (some? | all?) older blog articles: use 301 Redirect for the relocated content.
- Decide on knoweledge base project - how to exchange this information with other people